KB Knitting

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mata Haris

First off A BIG BIG THANK YOU to everyone who commented on my hederas! You all are so nice! Sorry I can't respond individually.


I finished my Mata Hari socks!!



They have been finished for a week now but just sitting on the needles because I didn't want to kitchener the toes. I just did them at my photographer's house so he could take the pictures for me to post them on blogger. I still can't find my cord and I don't have the dock for the camera. I guess I'll have to go buy another cord...ugh. This is why I dislike moving.


Specs:

Yarn-Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Jeans
Needles: Boyle size 2s (I lost one on the second sock so I subbed a size1; according to Elizabeth Zimmerman, it won't affect the gauge and will be distributed evenly around and not have an effect.)
Finished: September 27, 2006
Modifications: Since the pattern was just the chart for the pattern, I did them cuff first instead of her toe-ups, and I used the heel that was used in the Hederas.

Anyways, I started them on the first or second of the month. I was going to do the same for this next pair, but I got anxious and I need a traveling project to knit on between classes. So I started the Anastasia socks by Pepperknit. I'm also using Lorna's Laces this time in Ravenswood (I think). I had previously make a toe up 3x1 ribbed sock with this but the bind off is short so I'm trying to make a new pair out of the remaining yarn. I think I can do it because I have a ton of yarn left from the last two pairs, almost a whole ball. I guess I just need to do longer legs.

I'll try to take a progress picture of my current socks as well as the state of my Somewhat Cowl that hasn't been touched since midsummer. I'm at the waist increases. I want it now!

Good luck to all those participating in Sock Wars!

Also I am walking in the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer for my company H&M so please sponsor me here!

5 Comments:

  • Nice socks! Love the colorway. I do think I have that pattern printed off in my too-large "to do" pile!

    By Blogger lexa, at 8:09 PM  

  • Cool socks! I really like that yarn!

    By Blogger Tina in Wonderland, at 10:53 PM  

  • Great socks Shayla! The pattern suits the yarn very well.

    By Blogger Teri.p, at 1:29 AM  

  • Love the socks and the color!

    By Blogger Tammy, at 5:51 PM  

  • Wow, I totally love these socks, they're just perfect - they look so soft and warm and cozy + the pattern is absolutely amazing + the colorline you chose is so great as well = perfect! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>