KB Knitting

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Soctoberfest updates


Since I've finished the Widdershins (finally have a picture), I'm now in limbo about the next pair of socks I should knit. There are tons of patterns that I want to knit but I can't decide!

I've started Cookie's BFF socks in a Koigu colorway that I have but I'm not sure I like the colorway anymore. It has just about all the colors in the rainbow with more green (which i don't like) and it makes it hard to see the cables.


I have started a pair of basic socks using Opal petticoat. I've only been working on them for two days but I got a lot done during a fieldtrip in class on Monday. I'm using Bryspun (?) needles instead of my usual boyles so I'm in no danger (my TA who drives scares me sometimes).

I've learned two techniques due to Socktoberfest and in these past few days of being in between projects.

Cabling without a cable needle
Magic Loop

I'm really sad to see Soctober come to an end but I'll never stop making socks!

BTW, look at this awesome sock pattern I found on the flickr group for Soctoberfest! I want to make them but I want to do them toe up so I can use all of my Lorna's Laces (yum, who'd want to waste any of that?) when I make them. I don't know how to convert top down patterns to toe up though...any suggestions? Thanks

Hope everyone has/had a happy Halloween!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
/body>